Monday, August 8, 2011

Mod Podge does rock!

So my goal is to attempt to do at least 1 craft project a week.  Last week, I did 2!  My recipe book and library bag.  I also started my pen holder.

I have 2 dry eraser boards in my kitchen.  One is my calendar and the other is half dry erase half cork board.  I have a ton of different colored dry erase markers now that are all scattered in my tiny junk drawer that also has a sfety lock on it to keep the kiddies out.  Well, I use that board at least once a day and it's annoying getting those markers.  I asked Paul if I could make a holder for them out of a plastic container and would he be able to scre it into the wall.  He said no problem and I went to work.

I been busy researching fabric and using mod podge.  My main sources is Mod Podge Rocks!  Amy is the guru of Mod Podge and has a great ton of info on her site.

My project was very easy (just like my last 2) but took a while because I allowed the mod podge to dry at least 24 hours if not more between coats.  Only 2 coats.  I used an old shirt, one of my favorite old shirts, but it either shrunk or I grew taller, cause now it's a belly shirt.  And, well, with 2 kids and not exercising in 3 years I'm not seen in such attire.

Here is what I used.  Not pictured: Mod Podge and paint brush.



Here is the finished result:


I was going to add ribbon, but I didn't like it.  Then I thought of a fabric flower.  I went to: my Sparkle.  She makes such cute stuff.  My flowers aren't as perfect as hers, but maybe with some practice!

Anyone else say Modge Podge?  I do.  I can't help it.  When writing this post, I really had to be slow with typing Mod Podge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog